PHP and MySQL by Example
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
Quickly master dynamic, database-driven Web development—no experience necessary!
Even if you’re completely new to PHP, MySQL, and Web database development, this book will guide you through every step of building powerful, database-driven, dynamic Web sites. Direct from the world’s top scripting instructor, Ellie Quigley, PHP and MySQL by Example illuminates every concept with tested code examples, screen shots showing program output, and clear, line-by-line explanations.
Classroom-tested in Ellie Quigley’s Silicon Valley training courses and at Marko Gargenta’s Marakana training company in San Francisco, this book takes you from the simplest PHP scripting and SQL querying techniques all the way to dynamic, database driven Web site construction with PHP and MySQL. From simple fill-in forms to program security and debugging, it’s the only PHP/MySQL book you’ll ever need!
This book covers
- Complete PHP fundamentals, including operators, strings, conditionals, loops, arrays, functions, and more
- PHP QuickStart for more advanced readers—makes you productive with PHP in the space of just fifteen book pages
- Essential Web development techniques, from file handling to validating user input with regular expressions
- Powerful PHP features, including user-defined functions and self-processing PHP Forms
- Day-to-day MySQL administration
- A complete SQL tutorial for creating queries, retrieving data, and writing data with MySQL
- Session management and cookies
- Object Oriented PHP
- Best practices for using PHP and MySQL together
Nearly 100,000 professionals and power users have relied on Ellie Quigley’s books to master scripting languages. With PHP and MySQL by Example, you can, too. And once you’ve become an expert, you’ll turn to this book constantly as your go-to source for reliable answers, solutions, and code.
About the CD-ROM
The CD-ROM contains versions of PHP and MySQL for Windows and UNIX/Linux, plus a comprehensive code library for creating your own sites and database-enabled Web applications, including this book’s powerful Art Gallery case study application.
Solutions to the end-of-chapter labs are available at www.prenhallprofessional.com/title/0131875086.
6.1. Figure 6.1. The output from Example 6.2. Characters within single quotes are treated literally.
;;;;;;;;;;; ; WARNING ; ;;;;;;;;;;; ; This is the default settings file for new PHP installations. ; By default, PHP installs itself with a configuration suitable for ; development purposes, and *NOT* for production purposes. ; For several security-oriented considerations that should be taken ; before going online with your site, please consult php.inirecommended ; and http://php.net/manual/en/security.php. ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; About this file ; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ; This file controls many