Permaculture: A Designers' Manual
Bill Mollison, Reny Mia Slay
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
This is the definitive Permaculture design manual in print since 1988. It is the text book and curriculum for the 72-hour Certificate course in Permaculture Design. Written for teachers, students and designers, it follows on and greatly enlarges on the initial introductory texts, Permaculture One (1978) and Permaculture Two (1979) both of which are still in demand over twenty years after publication. Very little of the material found in this book is reproduced from the former texts. It covers design methodologies and strategies for both urban and rural applications describing property design and natural farming techniques.
* design methods,
* understanding patterns in nature,
* climatic factors,
* earthworks and their use in earth repair,
* techniques and design strategies for both urban and rural applications,
* the temperate climates,
* dry lands,
* cold climates,
* humid cool climates,
* humid tropics ,
* trees and their energy transactions,
* waste management,
* energy efficient architecture,
* legal strategies and trusts,
* effective working groups,
* right livelihood,
* money and finance,
* ethical investment.
* bio-regional organisation,
* effective aid.