Creating Mobile Apps with jQuery Mobile - Second Edition
Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub
Create fully responsive and versatile real-world apps for smartphones with jQuery Mobile 1.4.5
About This Book
- Learn how to integrate advanced features such as Geolocation, HTML 5 Video, and the Web Audio API into your web application
- Enhance your efficiency by automating repetitive tasks with the Grunt task runner
- Effortlessly blend and integrate jQuery Mobile with existing WordPress, Drupal, and HarpJS projects
Who This Book Is For
This book assumes a basic level of experience with standard web development. If you've used jQuery Mobile before, you're good to go. Otherwise, you can pick it up along the way.
What You Will Learn
- Check and monitor the user's position with the Geolocation API
- Automate repetitive tasks with Grunt
- Integrate your jQuery Mobile app into popular content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and HarpJS
- Incorporate third-party APIs such as Google's Analytics, Maps, and Feeds
- Leverage HTML5 video and audio, including a jQuery Mobile player interface
- Auto validate your mobile forms with jQuery Validate on both page-by-page and multi-page views
- Use jQuery Mobile to create a fully responsive web design for photographers using the lightGallery plugin
jQuery Mobile is a mobile-centric web framework developed by the jQuery team. The project focuses on building a framework compatible with the ever-increasing variety of smartphones and tablet computers on the market. The jQuery Mobile framework plays well with other frameworks and platforms, such as PhoneGap and Backbone.
Automate repetitive tasks easily and painlessly with the Grunt task runner, build a fully responsive, gorgeous photography website, and learn how to mix and match jQuery Mobile 1.4.5 into existing websites and how to deploy those changes to content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, and HarpJS. jQuery Mobile aims to reach everyone, and so does this book. It will enhance your mobile knowledge and help you to create versatile, unique sites quickly and easily.
number of other books as the technical reviewer, which include Pro HTML5 Programming and The Definitive Guide to HTML5 WebSocket (not yet published). I'd like to thank my beautiful wife for her support and patience during the long nights I've worked. Her fantastic coffee-making skills were certainly put to great use. Thanks darling!! www.PacktPub.com Support files, eBooks, discount offers and more You might want to visit www.PacktPub.com for support files and downloads related to your book.
in the UI don't change that. This page, at its heart, is one massive form that we will use to submit the entire order process all at once. [ 61 ] Analytics, long forms, and frontend validation Integrating jQuery Validate It's always been important to the user experience to validate as much as possible on the client. HTML5 goes a long way to this end by giving far greater control over input types. As good as HTML5 input types are, we'll need more. Enter Query Validate.
figure, started showing up all over the place and befuddling the masses, smartphone users quickly stepped up and started showing people what it's all about in the same overly-enthusiastic manner that we whip them out to answer even the most trivial question heard in passing. And, since it looks like NFC isn't taking off anytime soon, we'd better be familiar with QR codes and how to leverage them. The data shows that knowledge and usage of QR codes is very high according to
$("#results").html($("#googleFeedTemplate") .render(allFeeds)).listview("refresh"); } } Here's our JsRender template: [ 123 ] Client-side Templating, JSON APIs, and HTML5 Web Storage And finally, here is the function that will kick off the whole